Laser cross welding
SLT series laser cross welders for perfect, precise, economic and efficient welding of a wide variety of tape materials, thicknesses and coil and steel sheet widths.
The SLT series cross welders are especially designed to be used in all kinds of situations as a stand-alone machine or for in-line processes. SLT series welds thin and thick alloys as well as coated and uncoated metal tapes, coils and large sheets in a fully automated cutting, positioning and butt welding process. Featuring consistency, replication and high quality of the welds.
Butt welding / joining of wide steel coils, Combining wide steel sheets, Wide industrial alloy production lines, Service centers for wide coil slitting operations, Steel sheet service centers
Features and benefits
- Laser technology provides welding without the addition of material. The weld is therefore similar to the base material
- Minimal foot print and fully self-contained unit
- Precise mechanical guiding and automatic aligning allow welding of tapes down to 0.05 mm thickness
- Welding of alloy coils and sheets up to 14 to 70 mm wide
- Widest possible choice of weldable materials
- Menu guided system
- Recipe controlled for assured repeatability
- Robust construction for 24/7 operations
- Easy to operate
- Repeatable high quality seams
- No tape pre-cleaning or further machining required
- Scrap avoidance due to reliable welding and full usage of all rest coils and steel sheets
- Machine available on wheels and can be re-positioned manually or with a pallet jack lifter (Special solutions on request)
- Continuous production for any application
- Available on rails with motorization assist – extraction from production line (Special solutions on request)
- Reduced process time compared to conventional welding machines
- Available with weld ramps and weld annealing functions
|With martyr: 5 – 14 mm / Without: 5 – 70 mm
|Steel 0.05 – 3.00 mm
|Al 0.10 – 2.50 mm
|Cu 0.10 – 1.20 mm
|Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Copper, Composites, Alloys of Al, Cr, Ni, Ti
(Blank or copolymer coated on one or both sides)**
|500W – 1000W – 1500W
* other dimensions on demand
**Application with coated metal tapes (color, adhesives, electro-steel):
Please note that metal tapes coated on one side only can be easily processed with the blank side up.
Metal tapes coated on both sides must be tested in our technical center.
Electro-Steel (GO & NGO) with insulation coatings on both sides can be processed perfectly and without any reference for the tape position.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for any further request or information.